Co-innovation for payments
The Fintechs CopSonic and iBilly both win of the first Worldline e-Payments Challenge
Bezons, 2nd October 2018, Worldline [Euronext : WLN], the European market leader in payment and transaction services, rewards the fintechs CopSonic and iBilly for the solutions they created during the e-Payments Challenge which just took place in Paris from the 26th to the 28th of September. Gilles Grapinet, Worldline CEO, and Marc-Henri Desportes, Deputy CEO, handed the prizes to the winners at the end of the Challenge on Friday 28th September.
CopSonic is a French fintech that uses ultrasound technology to improve the customer payment journey in-store and at gas stations. CopSonic integrated its solution within a Worldline payment terminal in just 24 hours.
iBilly is a Dutch fintech that uses camera-based facial recognition in order to transform the customer journey in hotels and restaurants from check-in to check-out, including drinks, food and other guest services during the stay. iBilly forecasts to integrate its solution into Worldline’s strong authentication and payment platforms.
Besides CopSonic and iBilly, among the 15 international fintechs (France, UK, USA, Ukraine, Netherlands…) that participated to the 8 challenges submitted by Worldline’s clients, such as AccorHotels and Bureau Veritas, the following fintechs won:
- Netclearance for the “Reinvent the loyalty management interface between merchants and banks in a GDPR world” Challenge
- Billee for the “Community payments” Challenge
- SSP for the “Direct carrier billing revolution” Challenge
- Divido for the “Explore the potential of “charge cards”” Challenge
- Velvet for the “B2B e-commerce payments” Challenge
Worldline is, as of now, building a partnership with these 7 awarded fintechs.
Marc-Henri Desportes, Worldline Deputy CEO, states: “We have all been very impressed by the work and solutions, built using some of our industrial solutions, the fintechs presented. We congratulate the two ex-aequo winners, iBilly and CopSonic, but also thank all the participating fintechs, our partners and our experts who accompanied them. This collaboration is a win-win: for Worldline, its partners and the fintechs who co-innovated. Everyone has developed their expertise in terms of payments and end consumers services. We are willing and eager to renew this experience next year.”
Worldline e-Payments Challenge winners:
- 1st Challenge: Seamless in-store payment experience - CopSonic
- 2nd Challenge: Reinvent the loyalty management interface between merchants and banks in a GDPR world - NetClearance
- 3rd Challenge: Seamless guest consumption experience – iBilly
- 4th Challenge: Community payments - Billee
- 5th Challenge: Direct carrier billing revolution - SSP
- 6th Challenge: Explore the potential of “charge cards” - Divido
- 7th Challenge: Digitized fleet cards management – CopSonic
- 8th Challenge: B2B e-commerce payments – Velvet
Worldline [Euronext: WLN] is the European market leader in payment and transaction services. Worldline's forward-looking innovations and services enable companies to reach their end customers in a targeted way and to offer them modern and seamless services. With more than 45 years' experience, Worldline is a major player in the B2B2C field. Worldline supports all companies and public administrations in this ever-changing market and makes a major contribution to their success. Worldline offers a unique and flexible business model based on a growing global portfolio and which includes comprehensive support. Worldline's activities are divided into three business areas: Merchant Services, Mobility & e-Transactional Services, and Financial Services including equensWorldline. Worldline employs more than 9,400 people worldwide and generates an annual turnover of €1.6 billion. Worldline is an Atos subsidiary. worldline.com
Contact Presse Worldline
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : +33 6 32 92 24 94