Worldline confirms its leading position in CSR
Bezons, June 18th, 2018 – Worldline, [Euronext: WLN] European leader in the payments and transactional services industry, has just released its 2017 Corporate Social Responsibility Report, highlighting its commitment to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. This report has been published in accordance with the highest reporting standards and the "Comprehensive" option guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards, testifying to the quality, the transparency and the exhaustiveness of the company’s extra-financial reporting.
For the third year in a row, the Worldline CSR report has been published in compliance with the most stringent Standards of the GRI, an independent international organization that has pioneered sustainability reporting since 1997. Worldline is a member of the GRI Gold Community and supports the GRI mission to empower decision makers everywhere.
The report provides details about Worldline’s CSR strategy and approach, the achievements in relation to its TRUST 2020 program in the areas of Business, Human Resources, Value Chain and Environment. This report now also integrates CSR commitments aligned with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
During 2017, the company has reinforced its initiatives on topics related to gender equity, diversity, data protection, security, compliance and the environment with concrete achievements measured through different KPIs.
Worldline’s 2017 key CSR results
Worldline is proud to disclose that, in 2017, it has achieved close to 40% of its TRUST 2020 roadmap and that 70% of its CSR KPIs improved with a growth trend in all its strategic areas since the launch of its CSR approach. Main achievements of the TRUST 2020 program are:
- 8.1/10 overall customer satisfaction
- €770 m revenue generated through sustainable solutions
- 8-point increase in employee satisfaction compared to 2015 baseline
- 88.4% of employees stated they were satisfied with the trainings provided
- 95% of Worldline employees completed the Code of Ethics training
- 100% of CO2 emissions offset from payment terminals
Worldline’s 2017 extra-financial performance
Worldline has been widely rewarded for its performance in CSR-related matters by leading independent extra-financial rating agencies, being one of the few French companies on the market to have obtained such levels of certification and results.
- Sustainalytics: For its first evaluation in 2017, Sustainalytics has ranked Worldline with a score of 78/100, positioning the company in the Top 5 of its industry.
- Oekom: “Prime” status and the C+ rating attained in 2016. Worldline is now ranked in the Top 5 of its industry.
- EcoVadis: Worldline has obtained the EcoVadis “Gold” level with great progress compared to the previous year (+12 points) with an overall score of 76/100. Moreover, Worldline has joined the very restricted Top 1% of the best sustainable companies assessed by EcoVadis.
- Ethifinance: Since 2015, Worldline has been ranked at the 7th position in the overall Gaïa Index ranking of a panel of 230 companies.
- MSCI: AA ranking attained through the MSCI Index in 2016.
For more information about Worldline’s CSR strategy and commitment, please read our 2017 CSR Report: https://worldline.com/csr2017
For more information about Worldline’s contribution to the UN SDGs, please read the following article: https://worldline.com/content/worldline/en/home/blog/2017/december/worldline-reinforces-its-commitment-to-sustainability-by-contributing-to-the-United-Nations-Sustainable-Development-Goals.html
For more information about Worldline’s 2017 TRUST 2020 results and progress, please read the dedicated PR: link to the published PR
Sébastien Mandron, Worldline’s CSR officer, stated: "We are very proud in having published our 4th CSR Report in accordance with the comprehensive option of the GRI standards. At Worldline, CSR and business performance are two faces of the same coin, of being sustainable and being able to stand the test of time. Our commitment to CSR keeps us aligned with our TRUST 2020 long-term objectives and keeps us focused on what is essential to our company and to our ecosystem. .”
Worldline [Euronext: WLN] is the European market leader in payment and transaction services. Worldline's forward-looking innovations and services enable companies to reach their end customers in a targeted way and to offer them modern and seamless services. With more than 45 years' experience, Worldline is a major player in the B2B2C field. Worldline supports all companies and public administrations in this ever-changing market and makes a major contribution to their success. Worldline offers a unique and flexible business model based on a growing global portfolio and which includes comprehensive support. Worldline's activities are divided into three business areas: Merchant Services, Mobility & e-Transactional Services, and Financial Services including equensWorldline. Worldline employs more than 9,400 people worldwide and generates an annual turnover of €1.6 billion. Worldline is an Atos subsidiary. worldline.com
Worldline Press Contacts