Instructions on the usage
Good hygiene and cleanliness across the board are constantly important – to protect both employees and customers. Bacteria and viruses such as COVID-19 are easily spread, not just by contact with other people, but also through contact with objects such as phones, doorknobs and also through payment terminals.
Use the YOMANI Keyboard Overlay to ensure that the keyboard of your YOMANI is free of bacteria and viruses. The overlay prevents the propagation during the payment with a PIN based transaction.
How does it work?
- If a customer needs to enter his or her PIN to finish the transaction, they take a fresh overlay from the “Fresh” Box and puts it on the keyboard surface of the YOMANI
- The customer enters his or her PIN code
- After finishing the transaction, the customer removes the overlay from the terminal and puts it in the “Used” Box.
What do you as a merchant need to do:
To save our environment it’s important to keep in mind that the overlays can be re-used at a later stage. So please do not throw them away.
After usage you can take one of the following actions:
- Clean the overlays with an approved cleaning product before re-using them
- Keep away the overlays which have been used for at least 72 hours. This can be done via the procedure as mentioned below.
Although current research suggests that COVID virus remains on plastic surfaces not longer than 72 hours, re-using overlays remains something merchants do at their own risk. Worldline does not accept any responsibility.
- Number each Fresh Box and each Used Box (1 to 4)
- Day 1: Start with Fresh Box No. 1 and Used Box No. 1. By the end of the day, every overlay of the Fresh Box No. 1 should be in the Used Box No. 1. Even the overlays that have not been used during the day should be put in as well.
Put the Used Box in quarantine for at least 72 hours.
- Day 2: Use Fresh Box No. 2 and Used Box No. 2. Like the day before, put all overlays in the Used Box by the end of the day and put it in quarantine next to Used Box No.1.
- Day 3: Used Box No. 1 and No. 2 are still in quarantine. Start with Fresh Box No. 3 and Used Box No. 3 and proceed at the end of the day like the days before and put Used Box No. 3 containing all overlays in quarantine.
- Day 4: Go on with Fresh Box No. 4 and Used Box No. 4. By the end of the day, every overlay of the Fresh Box No. 4 should be in the Used Box No. 4. Again, put the Used Box in quarantine.
- Day 5: Start re-using the overlays from the Used Box of Day 1.
Put the overlays from Used Box No. 1 in Fresh Box No. 1 but make sure to disinfect your hands before doing so. Then proceed as on Day 1.
- Day 6: The process continues for the days to come.
Please make sure that you and your customers always follow these instructions accurately.
To order new boxes or a new stack of overlays, please contact your terminal service supplier.